Academic Credit System and ECTS in KHAS
European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) is a student-oriented credit system based on the workload of the student. It is a value that represents all the studies (theoretical courses, applications, seminars, independent studies, examinations, assignments, etc.) that a student needs to complete in order to be successful in a course.
ECTS is one of the most important fields of study in the application phase of Bologna Process in Turkey. In recent years, many universities in Turkey intensified their studies for adjusting their credit and grading systems to ECTS principles.
Kadir Has University has prepared this specially designed ECTS Information Guide with the aim of clarifying details about the academic programs and the understanding of education for Kadir Has University which have been formed in tune with Bologna Process. Each detail in the ECTS Information Guide regarding the implementation of ECTS credits of courses, student workloads, evaluation process and the relation of all these components with each other have been explained step by step.
The beneficiaries of this web site will not only be able to access programs offered, course contents but also general information about the student life and extracurricular activities both in İstanbul and at KHAS.
Please visit https://bologna.khas.edu.tr/ for ECTS Information and Course Catalogue.
You must be in higher education, studying an official degree or diploma and have successfully completed your initial first year. Your home university and Kadir Has University should have an Erasmus+ Interinstitutional Agreement. Please consult your home university to see if such agreement exists.
Application and Required Documents
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ONLINE APPLICATION (to be uploaded):
- Learning Agreement (signed by your erasmus representative in home University and Kadir Has University) – You can access department representative information from this link and updated document is attached: https://international.khas.edu.tr/erasmus-departmental-representatives-41
- Official Transcript (with stamp and signature)
- Passport ID pages copy
- 1 biometric photo (official photo)
Check your documents after you finish uploading. If you encounter with a problem in the system, you should send the scanned copies of your documents by email to email@example.com.
While you are coming to Kadir Has University, you should bring below documents with you:
- Your Original Passport ( If there are students who only enter with an ID card, a passport will be required when applying for a residence permit.)
- 5 Passport Size Photos (4x for residence permit application and 1x for student transportation card application). You can also visit one of the photography offices in İstanbul which would cost around 5 Euros for a 8x photos.
You should purchase a Health Insurance in Turkey in order to prevent any regulation complications.
There is a high possibility that the immigration office reject the health insurance policy you already purchased elsewhere even though it is clearly stated as a ‘world wide policy’ with full treatments and conditions. According to the current regulations the policy must be issued by a company which has office in Turkey and the policy should state ‘this health insurance is issued in accordance with the regulations announced by law act 10.5.2016 tarih ve 16/2016 published in Republic of Turkey. Generally, the cost of this health insurance policy varies between 40,00 to 100,00 Euros.
• Some countries –Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands, and Austria– have mutual agreements with Turkey. Students from these countries do not need to get health insurance here. However, they have to provide an official letter from their home country’s insurance services and get it approved at the Social Security Office in Turkey.
• Others are required to get a health insurance. This would cost between 40,00-100,00 Euros.
All the students must apply for residence permit after they completed their registration to the university. The website to apply for residence permit: Republic of Turkey, Ministry of Interior Directorate General of Migration Management: https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/
If you are a student in Associates, Bachelor, Master or Phd degree you have to apply for the ‘Students’ residence permit and ‘short term’ type.
In order to start your Online Residence Permit Application you will need 4 documents:
- Original Passport
- Photo in JPEG format
- Valid Health Insurance (and Policy number)
- Active Turkish Mobile Number
After you complete your application, you will be asked to deliver required documents to Residence Permit Officer (you will be informed about this by Erasmus Office):
- Residence Permit Application Form (must be signed by the foreigner)
- Passport or original and photocopy of passport substitute document (pages containing identity information and the page containing photo and processed pages)- entry date to Turkey.
- Four (4) pcs photos (must have been taken within the last 6 months, on a white background and biometric. Do not upload family, selfie, unrecognizable, non-up-to-date or black and white photos into the system, otherwise residence permit document shall not be issued!)
- Valid health insurance policy (Insurance period must cover the intended residence permit duration)
Important: The application has to be submitted within 30 days of a student’s arrival in Turkey. Otherwise, the student visa of the applicant will be invalidated. Please contact Erasmus Office for assistance within 30 days of your arrival.
After the application for a residence permit has been submitted, the card will be posted to the university address or to the residential address that you mentioned during the application. If your accommodation is not certain, or there is a chance that it will change, please enter Kadir Has University address.
The university does not have dormitories, but we can forward the dormitories we have contracted with. Please contact via e-mail for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
KADİR HAS UNIVERSITY 2022-2023 ACADEMIC YEAR ENGLISH COURSES
Courses are not yet known. Towards the end of May, the course list will be shared. But you can take this link as a reference for your courses: https://bologna.khas.edu.tr
Course Taking Restrictions: Students can choose from the different departments. Exchange students cannot choose CORE program courses. Choosing from too many departments and the same semesters may cause a time clash and you might need to change your courses. There will be an add/drop week so that you can re-schedule your academic planning.
Academic Calendar will be announced at the end of June.