WHO CAN APPLY?
Undergraduate and graduate full-time students of KHAS can benefit from Erasmus study mobility if they meet the below conditions and submit their applications by the deadline stated on this call:
- Students are supposed to finish at least 1 academic year except prep school.
- Undergraduate students must have at least a 2.20 / 4.00 cumulative GPA, and graduate students must have at least 2.50 / 4.00 cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must get the minimum grade of CB in EL 101-102 and CC in EL201-202, or they must provide a minimum TOEFL IBT score of 78 or minimum YDS/e-YDS/YÖKDİL score of 65, CAE/CPE score of 160 or PTE Academic score of 60.
- Kadir Has University Core program students can use the grades of KHAS 103 and KHAS 105 if they are above CB. Only International students can also submit the results of the KHAS English Proficiency (İYS) exam taken within the last 5 years (Minimum score should be 60). If the IYS exam result is insufficient, students must submit TOEFL, YDS, E-YDS, CAE, or PTE English exams.
- Students should ideally have 30 ECTS remaining in KHAS for one semester for two semesters minimum 60 ECTS required. For Core Program, students’ semester load might be different.
- The students who benefited from Erasmus’s study or placement mobility before can also apply to this call. However, students must make sure that the total length of mobility, with or without the grant, at each level (undergraduate or graduate) -no matter the type of mobility- should not exceed 12 months.
- By the Institute Decision of 2021/18, non-thesis students can not apply.
HOW TO APPLY?
Thanks to the cooperation of the e-Devlet portal with the European Union Education and Youth Programs Center Presidency, Erasmus applications will now be made through e-Devlet.
For this reason, students who do not have an e-Devlet password must complete the process of obtaining a password before the application date. You can log in to the e-Devlet website with the password you will receive from PTT centers. The application system will be closed on the date of 04/08/2023!
SELECTION OF MOBILITY CANDIDATES
Following the application deadline, KHAS Erasmus Commission will evaluate your application based on the following criteria:
- Academic GPA (50%)
- English Language Score (50%)
- Undergraduate/graduate-level quotas
- Departmental representation
- In addition to academic achievement and language score, if the applicant has benefited from another Lifelong Learning Program or Erasmus+ mobility scheme while pursuing the same level of academic degree, 10 points will be subtracted for each and every activity utilized (regardless of whether internship or education) when calculating academic achievement and language score averages.
- Disabled students receive +10 points if proving documents are provided in the application.
- Children of martyrs and veteran people receive +15 points if proving documents are provided in the application.
- Students who get disaster first aid from AFAD or their first degree relatives will receive +10 points
- Students covered by the 2828 numbered Social Services Law receive +10 points if proving documents are provided in the application.
- Students who want to participate in mobility programs in their birth country receive -10 points.
- Selected students who cancel their mobility and fail to inform Erasmus & Exchange Office in the deadline receive -10 points.
- Students who wish to apply for both study mobility and internship mobility will receive -10 points in one of the applications based on his/her preference.
All applicants are ranked from the highest to the lowest score by faculty, and the top-scoring students are selected, depending on faculty quotas, by the selection committee.
Results are notified to all applicants in written format via e-mail and the KHAS International website and announced on Erasmus and Exchange Office Board.
After the evaluation, all eligible candidates will be placed in a partner university regarding their grades and quotas.
TOTAL QUOTA FOR THE 2024-2025 ACADEMIC YEAR
As a result of this call, KHAS Erasmus Commission will determine 12 students as Erasmus+ selected candidates based on faculty quota (12 per faculty and 12 for graduates.) All the other eligible applications will be placed as Erasmus+ mobility wait-listed candidates. Wait-listed student list will be considered in case of any cancellations on the main list and any quota additions based on the budget availability. Therefore, being selected as an Erasmus student exchange candidate at KHAS does not mean you can go on exchange mobility. The final list of the students benefiting from the Erasmus study mobility will be subject to the following:
- Announcement of the results of KHAS’ grant application to the Turkish National Agency.
- Countries of destination students prefer to go, considering there are two different groups of countries according to their cost of living (Please refer to TABLE A: ERASMUS GRANTS ACCORDING TO THE COUNTRY OF DESTINATION below).
- To make more students from different departments benefit from the available grants, Erasmus Commission applies the principle of “undergraduate/graduate level quotas” and “departmental quotas” as stated above for the selection of the students.
STUDY MOBILITY CHOICES ON THE APPLICATION FORM
Erasmus student mobility for studies is carried out in the framework of prior inter-institutional (bilateral) agreements between home and host institutions, both of which must be holders of an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education.
To ensure high-quality mobility activities with maximum impact on the students, the mobility activity should respond to student degree-related learning. The study period abroad must be part of the student’s study program at KHAS to complete a degree at the undergraduate or graduate level.
If you are doing a double major, please note that you can only use one of your majors to apply for Erasmus study mobility. You will be subject to your selected major’s departmental quota and available Erasmus bilateral agreements. If you are doing a minor, please note that you cannot apply for your minor program.
You will make five university choices on the application form in order of preference. Please check the list of universities and quotes in the ‘‘List of Partners’’ section.
For partner universities, where the language of instruction is predominantly the native language of the country, not English, applicants with additional knowledge of that language will have priority over those without any knowledge of that specific language in the placement process. Suppose you are applying to be placed in a university where you will study a language other than English. In that case, you might be asked to provide a document to KHAS Erasmus and Exchange Office showing your level of language proficiency in that language after the application.
MOBILITY DURATION CHOICES ON THE APPLICATION FORM
The duration of mobility is between 3 and 12 months within the same academic year. Students should be able to complete 30 ECTS credits of course load for each academic term of mobility.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can select either the Fall semester or Spring Semester. If you plan to go for one academic year, you need to apply for the Fall semester and an Erasmus extension while in the host university. Your application requires the approval of the Erasmus+ Dept—coordinator at the host university and home university (KHAS). At the end of the extension period, KHAS Erasmus and Exchange Office will collect all approved requests, rank the students based on their Erasmus Score and inform the applicants about their grant status.
ERASMUS+ WITH GRANT OPTION
If they want a grant, Erasmus students will be granted according to the study destination. Grant payment is subject to the number of applications received, the potential destination of the applicants and the availability of funds from the Turkish National Agency.
Please note that Erasmus grants are only contributions, meaning they may not suffice for all your expenses, and students are responsible for their own travelling and living expenses during the exchange. The amount of monthly grants is announced by Turkish National Agency according to the cost of living in the country of destination, grouped into three categories below:
ERASMUS GRANTS ACCORDING TO THE COUNTRY OF DESTINATION
|Groups According to Living Costs
|Names of Countries
|Monthly Erasmus Grants for Study Mobility
|Group 1 and 2 Programme: Countries with Higher Living Costs
|Denmark, Ireland, France, Austria, Finland, Sweden, Liechtenstein, Norway, Italy, Belgium, Germany, Greece, Spain, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Iceland, Malta
|Group 3 Programme: Countries with Lower Living Costs
|Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovenia, Macedonia, and Serbia
ERASMUS+ WITHOUT GRANT OPTION (Zero Grant Option)
Students can participate to the program without receiving the grant. Please remember that they still need to go through the same application procedures and submit the required documents. Zero-grant students are not eligible for green travel grants.
Erasmus students, whether they receive an Erasmus grant or not, are exempted from paying fees for tuition, registration, examinations and access to laboratory and library facilities at the host institution however, any fees, including insurance, residence permit, transportation card or copy of academic materials, that are regularly paid by local students should also be paid by Erasmus students.
GREEN TRAVEL GRANT
With the new Erasmus+ Program, students are encouraged to use low emissions means of transport for the central part of the travel, such as bus, train, or carpooling. Students who will use these means of transport will receive a single contribution of 50 EUR as a top-up amount to the individual support and up to 4 days of extra grant to cover travel days for a return trip, if relevant.
At the end of the mobility, students must present documents (bus ticket, train ticket etc.) proving that the green travel has occurred.
INCLUSION SUPPORT (Additional Grant for Participants with Special Needs)
The grant is offered when disabilities or health conditions lead to additional mobility costs, which exceed the maximum grant allocations allowed and which cannot be recovered from other sources.
The grant covers approved actual costs.
Don’t hesitate to contact Erasmus and Exchange Office for any questions.
ADDITIONAL GRANT FOR STUDENTS WITH FINANCIAL NEEDS (only applicable to students who hold Turkish citizenship)
Economically disadvantaged students selected for the Study Mobility will be paid an extra grant of 250 € per month from the study mobility budget, in addition to the monthly grant specified in TABLE A.
- Students who are covered by the 2828 numbered Social Services Law (an official proving document is needed)
- Students who are covered by the 5395 numbered Child Protection Law
- Students who receive an orphan’s pension (official proving document is needed)
- Children of martyrs and veterans (official proving document is needed)
- student or the student’s parents receive financial aid
To benefit from the additional grant, the student must submit the document indicating either the student or the student’s parents receive financial aid from municipalities, public institutions such as Ministries, Social Welfare and Solidarity Foundations, T.R. Directorate General of
Foundations, Turkish Red Crescent, Ministry of Interior Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency (AFAD).
Please note that the documents should be submitted during the application phase.
Any queries regarding the application process will be made to the KHAS Erasmus and Exchange Office via e-mail at [email protected].
Please also check the details on Erasmus+ Study Mobility within Europe.
We wish you the best of luck with your applications.